Olive Oil Potatoes with Chicken Broth Salt
This simple potato dish is one of my family’s favourite meals. It’s so easy to do and they taste amazing.
Olive oil is a delicious oil to cook with. Choose a good quality Australian oil (I buy mine just down the road at Zig Zag Farm and I can highly recommend it).
Give these crunchy potatoes a go with your family and let me know what you think.
- 3-5 medium potatoes (I use Kennebec or Bismarks they are not so starchy)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp Take a Broth Chicken Broth Salt
- Good quality EV olive oil
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
- Peel, quarter & cut potatoes into thick slices, cubes or discs.
- Par-boil in a saucepan with ½ tsp of salt.
- Boil for approx 5 mins and check to see if they are slightly soft (be careful not to go too long as they will turn to mush).
- Drain well.
- Cover the base of a large frypan with the olive oil to about ½ cm high.
- Add in a clove of garlic (skin on) to the oil and heat gently to a medium to high heat.
- Test with a small piece of potato, if it sizzles the rest is ready to add.
- Gently add in the potatoes.
- Fry until cooked through & golden, flipping over as needed.
- Drain on paper towel if necessary.
- Sprinkle with Take a Broth Chicken Broth Salt and chopped parsley.