Why is bone broth so good for dogs?
Basically, dogs are not that much different to us in how they benefit from broth! You might like to read my article on Bone Broth Benefits. However, dogs do need a slightly different recipe to humans so I have created a dog-friendly broth.
Daily bone broth can help your dogs with:
good gut health and digestion from the gelatine
- healthy joints and decreased inflammation from the collagen
good skin and coat health from the collagen
increased appetite due to gut healing
- detoxifying the liver, due to the glycine
The new Take a Broth Doggie Broth products couldn’t be easier to use!
Just give your fur baby a Doggie Broth Snack straight from the pack to chew on. Use as a treat or just for a daily dose of broth.
Sprinkle a teaspoon of the Doggie Broth Powders on top of their regular daily feed.
You can also use Doggie Broth Powder in Frozen Dog Treats.
Please be aware, these products are supplementary to regular dog food, it is not a replacement for their daily food.
The ingredients in my doggie broth are high quality, fresh, human-grade, real food. There is no salt, garlic or onions, so completely safe and designed for doggo tummies. If your pet has special dietary needs, please check in with your vet first though!
They are available in two flavours – Chicken or Lamb.
Simply : Bones, Filtered Rainwater, Carrots, Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Spinach, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Silverbeet, Zucchini, Turmeric, Pepitas, Spirulina, Tasmanian Pepperberry.
As well as the goodness of fresh bones and vegetables, I have also added some superfoods.
Here’s what they are good for:
- Turmeric to help with inflammation.
- Spirulina to help boost immunity and reduce allergies.
- Pepitas which can help treat worms. Pepitas contain an cucurbitin, an amino acid which paralyses and eliminates worms from the digestion system.
- Tasmanian Pepperberry, an indigenous bush food that helps improve digestion.
The Luxe Doggie Broth Powder has even more superfood goodness for your fur baby.
- Hemp seeds contain the perfect ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids and they have potent anti-inflammatory effects. This is great news for dogs suffering from creaky, stiff joints, or allergic, itchy skin.
- Liver is rich in iron, vitamin A, B and D, folic acid, phosphorus, essential fatty acids, zinc, and copper. These nutrients protect and support the dog’s digestion, immune system, reproductive organs, as well as bone, joint, nerve and mental health.
- Bee pollen contains Quertin, which is a natural antihistamine. This acts as allergy protection, and when consumed regularly can help to reduce allergy symptoms and allergic reactions in dogs. By giving your dog a small dose of pollen, it helps to desensitize your dog to certain allergens.
My Charlie-Girl (now dearly departed) is the inspiration behind these bone broth products. Broth helped her with some pretty big health problems and it gave her many more years with us. You can read that story here. I know she would approve.
My two fur babies, Stanley (pictured above with the doggie broth ingredients) and Winnie love their daily broth and are thriving on it. I hope your doggo loves these new products too!