These easy to make healthy tomato bursts are nutrient power packs!
They have healthy fats and nutrients with the sweet taste of cherry tomatoes that bursts in your mouth.
Using minimal ingredients, they are so easy to make as a tasty and healthy after school snack.
The tomatoes also come into the “Two Foods” category that is highlighted in the recess section of our book Sandwich Free Packet Free Lunchboxes.
This is more of home snack – it may come apart in lunchboxes.
You could also serve these as nibbles for a party. I would add in a little of my Beef Broth BBQ Rub for extra flavour.
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove of garlic, optional
- In a bowl mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add the lemon juice and crushed garlic (if using).
- Set aside.
- Cut your tomatoes in half and scoop the pulp out.
- Chop finely and then mix it in with the avocado and lemon.
- Spoon gently into the cherry tomato halves.