Immunity Boosting Chocolate
My son and I have a big week of travel ahead, including plane trips.
I am paranoid about being in this confined space on a plane with everyone else’s germs!
This comes after contracting the flu about 2 years ago after plane journey. Now I am prepared.
As well as taking along my essential oil blend as our protector, I have made up my homemade chocolate recipe with some extra immune boosting ingredients.
I have added Vitamin C with the Kakadu Plum powder. Did you know this is a super high natural source of vitamin C? It’s a great food based way to increase your Vitamin C levels.
There is also magnesium found naturally in the cacao and zinc found naturally in pepitas (pumpkin seeds), macadamia nuts, pecans, cashews and sunflower seeds.
I add this combination of nuts and seeds to make up 1 cup of ingredients – you choose whatever you like or have in the pantry!
So there is a powerhouse of immune boosting goodness in this very tasty chocolate that will help the body ward off and fight viruses.
And just quietly, it’s also great as a replacement for plane food!!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao
- ¼ cup pure 100% maple syrup
- 1 cup of nuts and seeds of your choice
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup shredded or dessicated coconut
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (or use sultanas or any other dried fruit)
- 1 teaspoon Kakadu Plum Powder
- Chop nuts and seeds coarsely in blender (or chop with a large sharp knife).
- In a saucepan slowly heat coconut oil & cacao (or in the TMX speed2, 3mins, temp 70)
- Once melted add in the maple syrup, Kakadu Plum powder, nuts and seeds, coconut and cranberries.
- Mix together. (TMX speed 3, 1 mins)
- Place into a lined tin and place in the fridge to set.
- Once set cut into squares.
- Store in the fridge until day of use.