Healthy Apricot Slice
This healthy apricot slice recipe is a delicious, nutrient-dense snack for when you feel like something sweet.
Remember Apricot Balls that mum made at Christmas time? Full of condensed milk and biscuits, they were a sugar overload. This is a healthy alternative that will satisfy the sweet cravings without added sugar!
Choose organic apricots or those without added preservatives. You will find they are darker in colour when not dried with a preservative. Steer clear of the overly bright orange apricots!! Your local health food store or bulk food store should have them.
You will need a food processor, thermomix or blender to make this slice as it needs powerful blitzing to reach the right texture and stick together.
Feel free to use different nuts other than cashew if you like. But cashews are quite neutral in flavour and will ensure the apricots really shine. If you need a nut free version, use sunflower seeds!
- 10 - 15 dried apricots
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Splash of maple syrup
- Extra coconut for the top
- Place in food processor or thermomix and blitz until the ingredients are combined and sticky.
- Press into a square lined tin with the back of a spoon
- Sprinkle coconut on the top and press in slightly
- Set in the fridge and then slice
- Store in an airtight container in a cool area.