Chocolate Muffins Grain Free Dairy Free
These muffins are so rich, chocolatey and delicious and they are pretty healthy too. They are great for lunchboxes for the kids and they contain no nuts. This recipe is grain free, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and naturally sweetened.
Coconut flour is used here as it’s a versatile grain free flour and has a high fibre content compared to other flours. Don’t let the mixture sit too long as the coconut flour doesn’t like it and you will end up with dry, tough muffins. You can’t swap out other flours for the same amount of coconut flour, so don’t try a direct swap!
This recipe also works well with less honey or maple syrup – you can even do 1/2 cup and they will work just fine. You might like to add in some cut up strawberries or chocolate chips if you like too.
I hope the kids (and you!) love this recipe – let me know and tag me on social media!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 6 organic eggs
- ½ cup organic cacao powder
- ½ cup macadamia or coconut oil
- ½ tsp good quality salt
- 1 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Line a 12 muffin cup tray with baking papers.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
- Combine gently.
- Pour into muffin papers and cook in the oven for about 25 mins or until cooked through.
You can find this recipe and more lunchbox ideas in my book, Sandwich Free Packet Free Lunchboxes.