It is that time of year again……
English Spinach & Peas are in season & in abundance here in North West Tasmania.
- English Spinach
- Salt & Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Cream
- Knob of Butter
- Add the Peas & Spinach into a stove top pot.
- Break up a large sprig of Mint - add with Salt & Pepper.
- Fill with water.
- Cook on a high heat until boiling.
- Once boiled (approx 2 mins) drain most of the water (leave a little in the bottom of the pot)
- Add the Cream & Butter
- Mash with a masher or stick blender.
- Top up with freshly podded raw Peas for extra flavour.
- Eat & enjoy!!
This is a tasty side dish to have with fish/meat & a salad or extra vegetables.