Christmas Quinoa Salad (with added bone broth)
This recipe is from my new Bone Broth Basics cookbook!
An easy gluten-free recipe, that is full of real whole foods and good for your gut health.
Perfect for Christmas with the festive colours, but enjoy it all year round.
If you have tried quinoa before and found it bitter, make sure you wash it really well in running water to get rid of the saponins on the outer of the grain.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 ½ cups broth (I used beef)
- 3 sprigs each of sage and parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs boiled, roughly chopped
- ½ red capsicum (pepper) chopped
- 1 spring onion chopped
- ¼ cup kale and spinach (optional) finely chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- handful cherry tomatoes halved
- feta or goats cheese
- 1 avocado chopped or can be decoratively placed on the side
- juice 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse/wash quinoa well under running water.
- Place into a pot with 1 ½ cups of broth.
- Bring to the boil, turn right down to the lowest setting and let the remainder of the broth evaporate into the quinoa, may need stirring.
- This takes approx 5 mins (depending on the cooking element used).
- Once no broth is left, take off the heat, fluff up with a fork and leave to cool.
- Prepare your other ingredients.
- Once cooled mix through remainder of ingredients, season with lemon juice and salt and pepper.