This recipe is from my new Bone Broth Basics cookbook!
An easy gluten free gut health recipe.
Perfect your Christmas salad range with the benefits of added bone broth!
- 1 C quinoa
- 1 ½ cups broth (I used beef)
- 3 sprigs each of sage and parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs boiled, roughly chopped
- ½ red capsicum (pepper) chopped
- 1 spring onion chopped
- ¼ C kale and spinach (optional) finely chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- handful cherry tomatoes halved
- feta or goats cheese
- 1 avocado chopped or can be decoratively placed on the side
- juice 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse/wash quinoa well under running water (unless it has been pre-washed).
- Place into a pot with 1 ½ cups of broth.
- Bring to the boil, turn right down to the lowest setting and let the remainder of the broth evaporate into the quinoa, may need stirring. Takes approx 5 mins (depending on the cooking element used).
- Once no broth is left take off heat, fluff up with a fork and leave to cool.
- Prepare your other ingredients.
- Once cooled mix through remainder of ingredients, season with lemon juice and salt and pepper.