Chicken Drumsticks with added Bone Broth!
These broth-ee chicken drumsticks have passed the ‘hidden broth’ test! An easy to cook hearty meal full of the benefits of bone broth.
To make broth with really intense flavours (usually the beef) blend in the vegetables, connective tissue and any meat residue. It will contribute to the flavour and make it go further!
If there is a need for a more subtle flavour chicken broth with no vegetables can be used. Used in milder or sweeter recipes.
Use my Beef or Chicken Bone Broth Powders in this recipe.
I have become ‘THE’ master in hiding broth in everyday cooking!!
These pics show the drumsticks the next day and as you can see once cooled the drumsticks are embedded in a broth gelly.
- Approx 8 -10 chicken drumsticks (depending on what you can fit in your roasting dish)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Bone Broth Powder (I used beef for a stronger flavour)
- 1½ cups water
- Season with Chicken Broth Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a hot oven.
- Place the drumsticks in the roasting tray (I use a ceramic or pyrex one)
- In a bowl whisk in together wet ingredients. Add in crushed garlic.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Roll the chicken a few times until completely coated.
- Cook covered for 30 mins then remove the cover and cook for another 10-15 mins.
- Whilst hot the drizzle the sauce on cooked rice or mashed potato.